点击注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1363|回复: 6

The Yuggoth Contract —— Part One: Empty Socket

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-11-25 20:35:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
开一篇在这里,等BH有空了。

The first thing they did was rip out my eyes. From there it got worse.

I've stolen, I've killed, and now you can add kidnapping to my portfolio, but I won't lie. I'm not what you'd call a "good person." I deserve everything they did to me, everything and more. But deserving something doesn't make it any easier to live through. And living through something, I've learned, doesn't make it any easier to believe.

Work was down. The Syndicate was prospering, their enemies in hiding or dead. That's the danger of being too good in my line of work. Since there was no one to kill, Danny O'Bannion asked if I would assist one of his contacts, who was after a human specimen. "For science."

Taking the job, in hindsight, was my first mistake. I'm a killer. "Bring 'em back alive" was never my thing. But the price was too good to be true, and not asking why the job paid so well was my second oversight. O'Bannion put me on the girl, I got close to her, and I brought her in. And look at me now.

Why did they take my eyes? I think it's because I fought back. I took one of 'em down when they came after me in the cave, and the others were on me. The struggle, the cold, cold mist...

Unconsciousness.

Agony.

Jolted out of the blessed darkness, my eyes opened just as one of them was ripped from its socket by a bony splintering claw. A claw? Yeah, that's what I think I saw, although it could've just as easily been a coat hanger or an ice pick or a broken pencil. Given the circumstances, it was difficult to focus. Then the claw returned to digging, digging through my clenched eyelid, tearing my other eye from my skull.

At which point I must have blacked out - if such a thing is even possible for someone who's already blind.

The pain returned first, searing and relentless, reminding me that I was, despite my body's best interest, still alive.

Then came the sounds. Fierce, helpless cries of some unearthly beast caused the room and the table upon which I was restrained to vibrate. It was close, whatever it was, and loud. I imagined it to be huge. What caused such pain?

At times I wondered: were the cries only in my mind? Could they have been a hallucination? Occasional flashes and brief moments of sight began to intrude upon my consciousness. At first just a hazy, sickly green light, then a hint of movement flashing across the field behind the light. Over time, these moments grew longer and more frequent. The fearsome, grotesque shapes moving just beyond the veil of green haze and the new reality of my sight took on greater and greater detail. I longed to shut my eyes against these visions, but to my abject horror I could not. The visions would not cease.

Once, for just a second, as if my mind were playing yet another insidious trick, I thought I saw the girl, the victim I'd kidnapped to fill the contract, huddled in the corner of a cage. The hallucination faded quickly, and darkness prevailed. What they might be doing to her I could not consider, for I knew that I was to blame.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?点击注册

x
发表于 2010-11-25 21:23:54 | 显示全部楼层
来了,mark一下。
下周回来搞,虽然新闻要拖到下个月15之后搞,但是,小说争取照常~~~嗯~~~
sammy先准备好后面的东东吧,俺路上会直接端详1~4,估计,到时候速度会不慢......
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-11-25 21:43:38 | 显示全部楼层
顶了~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-11-26 08:54:44 | 显示全部楼层
八爷威武
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-1-17 22:44:02 | 显示全部楼层
它们做的第一件事情就是挖出我的眼睛。接下来的情形每况愈下。

我曾偷窃过,也杀过人,现在,你们还可以在我的资料里加上一笔绑架,但是,我不会在这里撒谎。我不是你们称之为“好人”的那种人。它们对我所做的一切,甚至再多,都是我罪有应得。可惜,应该应受并不会让我这个痛苦的经历过程更好过。但是,即便熬过这一切,就我现在所感悟到的,它也并不意味着可以让我能更容易地相信所遭遇的一切。

那时,我的工作正走向沉寂。黑帮处在繁荣岁月里,我们的敌人要么躲了起来要么已经死了。这种大好局面对于我的职业生涯来说有些好得近乎危险。既然已经无人可杀,丹尼-奥巴尼恩 就问我是否愿意为他的一个熟人帮个忙,他想弄一个人类样本。“为了科研。”

事后回想起来,接受这个任务是我犯的第一个错误。我是个杀手。“把他们活着弄回来”从来不是我的专长。但是这次的报酬好得不像话,于是我的第二个疏忽就是没有细究为何这次酬金如此丰厚。奥巴尼恩 把那个女孩指认给我,我接近了她,然后我把她赚了进来。现在,看看我的境遇。

它们为什么要取走我的眼睛?我认为那是因为我反抗了。当它们在山洞中尾随我的时候,我把它们中的一个击倒在地,而剩下的则压在了我的身上。那场搏斗,那阵寒凉,冰冷的迷雾......

散乱昏沉的意识。

折磨与痛苦。

从该死的黑暗中惊醒,我在刚刚睁开双眼的一刹那,恰逢其中的一只被一个骨瘦嶙峋的爪子从眼眶中挖了出来。爪子?是的,这正是我看到的东西,尽管它本应当是衣帽钩,冰锥,或者半截铅笔等等这类更容易让人接受的东西。考虑到当时的环境,我很难关注到太多。接下来,那个爪子又挖了回来,挖向我那个被固定着的眼皮,从另一个眼窝中取走了我剩下的那只眼睛。

这个时候,如果对于一个已经瞎掉的人来说可以这样措辞的话,我不出意外地陷入了黑暗之中。

最先回到意识中来的是痛感,灼热而无情,无视我自身的意愿不断提醒着我,我仍然活着。

接下来我听到了声音。一种于不像是来自我们世界的怪兽所发出的狂躁无望地嘶吼声,使得整个房间和我被束缚于其上的那个桌子都一起震颤起来。无论那是什么,它都离我很近,而且声音响亮。我的脑海里,它应该是个大家伙。怎样的折磨会造成如此的痛苦?

我不止一次地犹疑:是否些嘶喊声仅仅存在与我的脑海里?它们是否只是幻觉?一阵恍惚的闪亮和简短的视线忽然占据了我的意识。最初只是模糊苍茫的绿色,然后一束移动的光线从背景中划过。逐渐地,这些变化的痕迹停留的越来越长久和频繁。一些恐怖奇异的外形在朦胧绿色的背景前晃动,然后我的这种新的视觉开始有了越来越丰富的细节。我渴望闭上眼睛屏蔽掉这些画面,但是我卑微而惊恐地发觉,我无法做到。这个视域在我的脑海中持续不断。

只是一瞬间,在我的意识想到另一个阴险的诡计之前,我看到了那个女孩,那个我为了完成合约而绑架的受害者。她蜷缩在一个笼子的一角。然而,这些幻象很快衰弱了下去,黑暗再次遮掩了一切。我无法思量他们会怎样对她,因为我知道,无论怎样我都是罪魁祸首。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-1-17 22:44:40 | 显示全部楼层
两个月后,俺,又,回来廖~~~~~~
开工......
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-1-17 22:49:29 | 显示全部楼层
顺路,PART2 召唤~~~~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

小黑屋|BGC桌游网

GMT+8, 2019-11-13 05:57 , Processed in 0.081800 second(s), 17 queries .